Clients and CookiesPosted: February 14, 2012 | |
So I’m no longer going to be working with AutoTrader – I’m not really sure why but I’m ready to get going with a new client. I have been brainstorming some companies (not all Atlanta based) and would love everyone’s feedback and ideas. The ones in bold are companies I think might work.
Atlanta Healthcare Companies
1. WebMD – already taken
2. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta– hospital that specializes in children
- Concussions: they have Head Start or whatever their program is- could use Facebook to find young people that “activities” include sports and push educational info for them
- Possible Constituent: Children that play sports
- Goal: decrease concussion related injuries/create more awareness about concussions
3. American Cancer Society – helping you stay well. take steps in preventing cancer and treating it in its most early stage, helping people along the way with cancer, funding/conducting research to find cures, working to pass legislative to fight against cancer
- Problem: most people that have cancer or know someone with cancer probably are aware of American Cancer Society
- Possible Consistent: people that do not have cancer
- Goal: get more people active in the fight against cancer
4. Gentiva Health Services- America’s home health service/hospice service. Provide service each year to 350,000 patients for more than 475 community locations nationwide
- Possible Consistuents: baby boomer that might not know where to find proper services for their parents
- Goals: find better healthcare for people over 65.
- Idea: could use facebook (which has a large number of baby boomers people now) to push Gentiva through keywords like – mom fell again, had to take mom to the doctor again, please pray for mom her diabetes is getting worse, etc. Keywords that mention a medical condition, medication, therapy, hospitalization,injury
5. Merial- animal health company. Merial is a world-leading, innovation-driven animal health company, providing a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals. Merial employs approximately 5,600 people and operates in more than 150 countries worldwide. Its 2010 sales were more than $2.6 billion. Merial is the animal health division of sanofi-aventis.
- No idea what I could do with this but everyone loves animals and their pets.. so maybe someone could help with this
- They own Frontline and pharmaceticual companies love to advertise so maybe we could push one of their products
6. Center for Tobacco Products (FDA) – helping people be tobacco free, e-cigs, cig health warnings
-Emory, NorthPoint, Wellstar, Piedmont
–The Carter Center
Besides brainstorming possible clients I think I was suppose to talk about cookies for my blog. I wasn’t sure if we agreed to just bring cookies to class but I’ll do both either way.
You know those logins that already remember you – that’s the cookies.
However, if you are creeped out by this or just plain paranoid then you can easily delete your cookie from your browser as often as you like. But deleting your cookie file entirely will make you start from scratch with every website you visit – there goes your convenience factor.
If you are creeped out by cookies you really shouldn’t be, well except for the spread of your personal information. A cookie is a simple piece of text. It is not a program or a plug-in, so it can’t be used as a virus, and it cannot access your hard drive.
We can discuss more of this in class over cookies.